If you’d like to get in the holiday spirit and have fun giving back to others, come join the Cruise4Haiti on November 14th aboard Royal Caribbean’s Liberty of the Seas. It’s going to be a fantastic cruise!
Many people who cannot come have contacted us to find out what they can do to help. There are many other ways to support our cause:
* Help us raise money our two 501(c)3 charities, Airline Ambassadors and For Haiti With Love. Both have been very active in Haiti for years before the earthquake. We’ve set up two FirstGiving pages, one for Airline Ambassadors and the other for For Haiti With Love. Please donate generously to help our charities assist children and families in need in Haiti.
* Donate items to be auctioned at our Bon Voyage event and fundraiser on November 13th. All proceeds go directly to our charity and are tax deductible. Desired items include airline tickets, certificate for several nights of hotel accommodations or a week/ long weekend in your vacation home, tickets to theme parks and attractions, or items such as cameras, video equipment, iPods and other electronics, travel gear, jewelry and artwork. Donations must be received no later than October 22, 2010.
* Come to our festive Bon Voyage event and fundraiser at the Doubletree Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay in Miami on November 13, 2010. This event is being held by Airline Ambassadors in conjunction with Cruise4Haiti and all proceeds go directly to this wonderful United Nations affiliated charity. Tickets are $60 at the door and include two hours of free drinks and hors d’oeuvres. You’ll be able to bid on great prizes at the live and silent auctions and enjoy lots of other entertainment. Stay tuned to this blog for more details.
* Donate school supplies and other items that we can bring with us on the cruise to orphanages in Haiti, St. Maarten and San Juan. Items must be received no later than October 22, 2010. Needed items include:
- School supplies, including blue (not black) pens, pencils, pencil sharpeners, erasers, geometry sets, crayons and colored pencils;
- Colored construction paper, scissors and colored markers;
- Girls and women’s shoes, from children’s sizes 6 to women’s size 8
- Boys shoes, for boys ages 4-15 years of age
- Nail polish, hair items (bows, brushes, hair ties), small mirrors
- Toiletries (small soaps, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc.)
- Small stuffed animals (such as beanie babies, etc.) and small toys
For more information, contact Nancy (KidTravel@aol.com), Carrie (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Rich (email@example.com). Thanks in advance for your help!